12/03/2009

My Hawaiian Stir fry


I never crave vegetables, and certainly not green peppers. I hate green peppers! But, for some reason the other day, I was craving...green peppers. So, I had to find something tolerable to put them in. So, hence, I arrived at Hawaiian stir fry - a nice, light, delicious dinner. Here's the recipe (and a lousy picture).

1 package chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks
1 c. green pepper (1 lg.), cut into 1" pieces (feel free to use whatever peppers you are craving!)
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
2 c. purple cabbage, chopped
2 c. pineapple in chunks (by pre-cut for ease)
1/4 c. juice (any kind)
1/4 c. soy sauce
10 basil leaves chopped
salt
pepper blend
white pepper
dash ground red pepper
dulse

Cut up the chicken into chunks. Cook in the wok with juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Pull chicken out but leave juices in.
Throw veggies and pineapple in. Enjoy the beautiful sight!!
Add basil and other seasonings.
Cook until slightly wilted, but not soft.
Toss chicken back in for a few final minutes.

I served mine on brown rice, but white rice or lettuce are just as delicious.

No comments: